Hi, new Hogwarts student waiting to be sorted

Introduce yourself here, or read other member introductions!

Moderator: Professors

UnicornRose1990
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 50.00

Hi, new Hogwarts student waiting to be sorted

Postby UnicornRose1990 » October 16th, 2018, 6:52 am

Hi all,

I'm new here to PFF and not yet sorted (final sorting) into a Hogwarts House.
I've done many sorting quizzes which all resulted into different houses. The very first time I got sorted on Pottermore (old version) I was a hatstall between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I deleted my account (or created a new one) and was sorted into Slytherin. Then Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and so on.

With the new Pottermore, I was sorted into Ravenclaw yet again. So I was confused. I tried multiple sorting quizzes (different from Pottermore) and I get all kind of results back. So what happens, is that I switch houses continously.

I have a few questions for you:
- which house are you?
- how do you know for sure that your house is the correct one?

If people would like, I can post some extra info about myself so that maybe some people can sort me ;)

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 6.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Re: Hi, new Hogwarts student waiting to be sorted

Postby Alien Iris » October 22nd, 2018, 2:57 pm

I am a Ravenclaw. I go with this house sorting because I took the old Pottermore quiz when I was in fact eleven years old, so it seems most likely.

In recent years I have also got Hufflepuff fairly often.

Personally, I believe you should go with the house you feel most connected too. Where I may value honesty and loyalty a fair amount, I am very focused on learning, and tend to sacrifice other things to learn the "right answer". All of the houses have slight overlap, so you could in theory argue for any house you wanted.
ImageImageImage

WolfMoon
Roleplay Team
Roleplay Team
Points on hand: 8,461.00
Pottermore Username: HowlFeather5869

Postby WolfMoon » October 24th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Hi and welcome to PFF :)

I'll start my answer with a quote: "It is our choices [...] that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

I have been sorted into Ravenclaw although I might have some personality traits of other houses and some other quizzes gave me different results from time to time. Another important fact is that people change over time, so you'll probably think that another house fits better.

I have always been loyal to my first house which is Ravenclaw as I feel most connected to it. I'll always choose Ravenclaw. Finding out about the true nature of a theory, gaining knowledge to different topics that interest me, creative work and being different from others, all these aspects mean a lot to me, so Ravenclaw is my choice. I think I could also be a Slytherin but as long as there is Ravenclaw I'll go with Ravenclaw.

It is your decision if you want to go with one of the quizzes.
ImageImageImage

Rosaline55
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 157.00

Postby Rosaline55 » October 25th, 2018, 3:12 am

Hii Unicorn Rose and welcome to PFF! I am a Gryffindor and I agree with Dumbledore that you should go by your preference and choice. Hope to see you around.
:trio: -Books are the best friend of those who're lonely.- :trio:

Bren
Wizard/Witch
Wizard/Witch
Points on hand: 9,233.00
Pottermore Username: CentaurPatronus2539

Postby Bren » October 29th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Unicorn Rose I was sorted into Gryffindore with the old Pottermore quiz in 2014 but since then the quizzes usually put me in Slytherin and a couple have said Ravenclaw oddly I've never had a Hufflepuff sorting.

I hope someone comes a long soon so you can join in with your house common room chat.
ImageImage
Image Image ImageImageImage

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 261.00

Postby Pamela Bode » November 1st, 2018, 4:18 am

Hey Unicorn Rose! Welcome to the forum! :P
I have opened a Pottermore account a least six times(deleted four of them) and have been sorted into Ravenclaw twice, Hufflepuff twice, and Gryffindor and Slytherin one time each. But when I opened PFF, I had only taken the unofficial quizzes(quizzes on sites other than Pottermore) and had been sorted into Gryffindor in all of them. So, I entered my PFF house as Gryffindor. As the days went on, I began getting sorted into the other houses. Now, after all these sortings, I have made one conclusion:
People change quite quickly. And so have I. (Or Pottermore has! :lol:). Now, if anyone asks me which house I am in, I say I'm a Huffleclaw. That leaves them confused but provides me the trouble of answering boring questions.

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Dia
Wizengamot Warlock
Wizengamot Warlock
Points on hand: 5,253.50
Pottermore Username: MoonFang207

Postby Dia » November 2nd, 2018, 11:58 am

Hi and welcome to PFF!!

I was a Pottermore beta meaning there were a few months at least before it was completely open and I could make another account. At the time I very strongly did NOT want Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. I got Slytherin and it wasn't what I particularly wanted but as I said I couldn't make another account for months so I accepted it. I embraced Slytherin. I have made many accounts over the years and every single time without fail I get Gryffindor on Pottermore. And not just Pottermore. I get Gryffindor on other sorting tests too. It's hard to disconnect from Slytherin since I spend to much time on here once upon a time being immersed in Slytherin house going ons. But I feel in my heart I might very well be a Gryffindor. I wonder if my not wanting to get Gryffindor kept me from getting the house I truly belonged to. :cry:

Also I just made another account and what was I sorted into? Gryffindor lol :gryffindor: :lion:
Image Image Image
I am hollow. And I miss what things might have been. ϟ Image

Return to “Entrance Hall - Welcome to PFF”