Fan theory: Was Nagini once a human?

Talk about anything to do with Harry Potter!

Moderator: Professors

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 154.00

Fan theory: Was Nagini once a human?

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » January 11th, 2018, 2:04 am

Just heard about this. An un-named female character in the new “Fantastic Beasts” movie is described as a Maledictus, the carrier of a blood curse that will ultimately turn her permanently into an animal. Could it be possible that this woman later becomes Voldemort’s pet snake?

Cora Ticum
Seventh Year Student
Seventh Year Student
Points on hand: 11,805.00
Pottermore Username: VineUnicorn20895

Re: Fan theory: Was Nagini once a human?

Postby Cora Ticum » January 12th, 2018, 6:01 pm

That's a very interesting theory. To me it seems certain that there is something about Nagini that Rowling has never revealed. She is human-like in understanding, if being tied very closely to her master in the sense that she cannot act for herself. I have always assumed that it was part of the horcrux of Bertha Jorkins (the woman who was killed to make Nagini a horcrux) that made Nagini so capable of understanding for a snake. However, it could very well be that there is something more going on.

Parseltongue is also passed down by bloodline and also concerns snake-like behaviour, so it could very well be that maybe there is some connection with the blood curse of this new character. I'm very excited for the revealing the new Fantastic Beasts movie. Can't wait! :D
The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
ImageImageImage

Caronis Tarrenarm
Second Year Student
Second Year Student
Points on hand: 154.00

Postby Caronis Tarrenarm » January 13th, 2018, 5:29 pm

To my knowledge we first meet Nagini in the Goblet of Fire, but how much do we really know about her backstory? Where did she come from? How did she come to be with Voldemort?

crazyharryfan
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 55.00

Postby crazyharryfan » February 17th, 2018, 1:06 am

For me, the canon is only Harry Potter book 1-7. Anything outside of that is just fiction.

Alien Iris
Fourth Year Student
Fourth Year Student
Points on hand: 11.00
Pottermore Username: ErisedEcho895

Postby Alien Iris » February 20th, 2018, 8:39 am

Personally, I consider 1-7 and Fantastic Beasts canon, as they were both written by Rowling.

We really don't know hardly anything about Nagini. Was Nagini the same snake that Harry set free in book 1 or was that a fan theory?
ImageImageImage

crazyharryfan
First Year Student
First Year Student
Points on hand: 55.00

Postby crazyharryfan » March 1st, 2018, 10:04 pm

I doubt he was once human. One evidence is not sufficient enough to make a conclusion. Moreover, not much information is provided on the books. I don't think he is once human. There is nothing in the books that said someone can permanently transform or make someone transform them into an animal.

Pamela Bode
Third Year Student
Third Year Student
Points on hand: 243.00

Postby Pamela Bode » March 15th, 2018, 12:14 am

It is probable that Maledictus DID become Nagini but we cannot say anything for sure, So only one thing to do. Wait for 16th November!!

It is the quality of one's convictions that determine success not the number of followers ~ Remus John Lupin

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”